The first official polling of New Mexico’s governor’s race has confirmed what experts have been saying for months: Mark Ronchetti is the front runner. And it’s not even close.
KOB4‘ Matt Grubs reported the station’s just-released polling with Survey USA.
“March Ronchetti is distancing himself from the rest of the field,” Grubs reported of the former meteorologist.
“505 Republican voters said they would either certainly or probably vote, and 44% of them said they would vote for Ronchetti. That mark far outpaces his rivals.”
Sandoval County Commissioner Jay Block took a distant second at 12%, followed by financial advisor Greg Zanetti at 10%.
“The stunner” was Rebecca Dow, who was considered the front-runner before Ronchetti joined the race and has posted competitive fundraising numbers, beating Dow and Zanetti combined.
- Rebecca Dow’s Illegal Stimulus Check Defense: Unprincipled & Bad Politics
- Twitter Poll Doesn’t Show Zanetti Should Drop Out, But He Should
- Ronchetti Slaps Back — Hits Dow On Liberal Voting Record
- Fact Check: Dow Attacks Ronchetti as ‘Climate Change Activist,’ ‘Never Trumper’
- Ronchetti Is In: Opponents Must Now Decide How They’ll Help Boot MLG
Categories: 2022 Governor's Race