COVID Counterpunch

COVID Parties Threaten Big Pharma Profits More Than Public Health

The Real Reason Washington Won’t Consider Natural Immunity

The justifications for why the U.S. government won’t consider natural immunity in its push to “slow the spread” of COVID runs the gamut.

It’s “dangerous.” It’s “not as good” as vaccines. It wanes over time. The data would be unreliable.

What they don’t say is that acknowledging the “efficacy” of natural immunity would be political suicide, an admission of failure, and an ideological flip-flop on a year of fear-mongering and unconstitutional threats of social ostracization and employment termination against the ignorant right-wing opposition that’s “literally killing grandma” by refusing their “Fauci Ouchie.”

We’ll ignore the simple explanations for why natural immunity isn’t inferior to Big-Pharma immunity — that for 99.4% of the population COVID isn’t dangerous; that it’s as good as vaccines, if not better; that vaccines wane, too.

The real reason the U.S. government doesn’t want to acknowledge natural immunity is the risk of “COVID parties.”

COVID parties had been widely panned as a hoax until Omicron hit and an Australian bride-to-be went viral in a TikTok video of her going clubbing to mingle and share drinks with strangers in hopes of contracting the virus early, lest it ruin her big day.

While most people won’t go out looking to get infected, the threat of COVID parties is legitimate, but what it threatens isn’t so clear.

If there’s any doubt that blue-collar America would crack a Coors Light and hobnob with COVID infected neighbors if it meant keeping their jobs, you’ve never met a true blue-collar American.

A third of the adults in America have held out against vaccines for a year now despite the threat of lost friends, family shame, and the possibility of losing their careers, their savings, and their homes if they don’t acquiesce to the unconstitutional threats of termination if they continue to #resist.

Which explains why the government won’t grandfather in natural immunity in lieu of vaccines.

If the government were to put natural immunity on par with vaccination, many of those dubbed “anti-vaxxers” would surely seek it out. In light of the recent announcement that 75% of fully vaccinated COVID deaths had at least four co-morbidities, the healthy and unvaccinated would seemingly have little to fear in intentionally contracting the virus. 

“The overwhelming number of deaths, over 75%, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities. So really these are people who were unwell to begin with.”

—CDC Director Rochelle Walensky

But the risk of COVID parties isn’t a health problem. It’s a profit problem. 

If the government cared about the safety of its citizens, it would not so ardently recommend vaccinations for people who’ve already contracted COVID, knowing the risk of side-effects when there is zero additional immunity offered by vaccination versus naturally immune. And they surely wouldn’t push vaccines on children, who run a statistical zero risk from COVID infection.

The government is worried about profit.

Not its own, of course. The federal budget doesn’t operate like the average business or American household. The money they receive and spend isn’t theirs.

The profit they worry about is Big Pharma’s.

The pharmaceutical lobby outnumbers members of Congress three to one and spends hundreds of millions of dollars a year getting politicians to do its bidding.

Pfizer alone reported adjusted earnings of $7.7 billion, a 133% increase over 2020, according to CNN. It anticipates $36 billion in revenue from its COVID vaccine. That’s with barely 60% of the country fully vaccinated.

No multi-billion-dollar corporation would pocket billions in profit from a barrel 60% full then simply walk away from the remaining 40%.

Natural immunity would end vaccines where they stand.

Americans who have held out this long will jump at the opportunity to dodge the jab in favor of potentially longer-lasting natural immunity. COVID parties would be the new Friday movie night, but public health wouldn’t be the “danger” Washington bureaucrats fear.

The profit loss of their corporate handlers would be.

1 reply »

  1. Alas, you left out that the NIH shares in royalties from patents created via government funding, I think. We thought the taxpayer might get a reward from the research. The money adds to the agencies’ budget! Perhaps Congress ought to put it the general fund.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s